31 July 2011

summertime waves

Something about summer makes me want to go to the beach. Florida still courses through my veins, yet beaches nearby are hard to come by. Sand Beach at Acadia National Park was good for my soul, but the water was far too cold for my tropical blood.

Longtime followers may remember my out-of-focus shots from Monet's house and gardens last year. I decided on this trip to try a few. I think this one turned out the best.

(ISO 100, f/14.0, 1/100s)
Related link: DPS article on intentionally taking shots out-of-focus

2 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

I know exactly what you mean about Summer and the beach. I am still longing for a trip to the beach this Summer. And you are right the out of focus works well here Mr. J.

FoggyDew said...

Out of focus? Or just really shallow/deep depth of field? Thinking shallow because at some point the ocean would be in focus. Very nicely done.